Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ben: I has made socks!

I have now successfully knitted three (3!) pairs of socks! Each pair with less and less need to ask for help from Catie every third stitch (which I know she is grateful for). On my last pair I even turned the heel and and bound them off all by my very own self. I still can't figure out how to cast them on yet, but thankfully I married talented knitter extraordinaire. Umm, I can't really think of anything else to say. I'm sure if I was Catie I could tell you all sorts of detailed business about the knitting process, but I'm out of things to say. So... pictures!

[caption id="attachment_438" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Set (3) Socks!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_446" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="These were the first pair that I knit, and required lots of help from Catie. As in "Ah! I ruined them! Help!""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_447" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Pair number 2. Charcoal is really hard to knit with, but thankfully it also masks all of my mistakes."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_448" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Okay, so when I said I had finished three pairs that was a little bit of a lie. I've finished this sock and have turned the heel on its mate, but haven't quite got it all done yet. Still I'm more than halfway there, so I just made a slight rounding error!"]Okay, so when I said I had finished three pairs that was a little bit of a lie. I've finished this sock and have turned the heel on its mate, but haven't quite got it all done yet. Still I'm more than halfway there, so I just made a slight rounding error![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_449" align="alignright" width="300" caption="It fits! Nothing beats knitting a sock and than having it fit perfectly when you try it on."][/caption]

3 comments:

  1. this makes me all the happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!!!! Ben you are a renaissance man! And I'm glad you're my son-in-law! Love you--Julie/MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm I would just like to say that those rainbow socks are super sick. Good job Ben!

    ReplyDelete